Linda J. Mensing
Supervisor of Assessments

8:00am - 4:30pm


Fax: 618-594-0198


Linda J. Mensing C.I.A.O./I
Chief County Assessing Official
850 Fairfax Street
Carlyle, IL 62231

Linda Mensing


Mission Statement

To help taxpayers understand the assessment procedures to the best of our ability and to locate, identify and appraise all taxable property in accordance with state law and administrative procedures.

The public is always welcome to visit the Clinton County Chief County Assessment Office weekdays 8:00 a.m. to 4:30 p.m., or call us at (618) 594-6610, in order to take advantage of our services.

Our staff can answer questions regarding the calculation of property record cards and the verification of property ownership. Aerial and ink-line maps are provided to view or to purchase. Applications for all exemptions are available in the office or online, our staff can provide assistance in the filling out of these forms.

The Clinton County Chief Assessment Office staff is both qualified and eager to offer our assistance in the most professional manner.

  County Offices:
  Addressing (618) 594-6631 Highway Department (618) 594-2224
  Animal Control (618) 594-4483 Jail (618) 594-4555
  Assessments (618) 594-6610 Probation Department (618) 594-6635
  Circuit Clerk (618) 594-6615 Public Defender (618) 594-6640
  Coroner (618) 594-6625 School Superintendent (618) 594-2432
  County Clerk & Recorder (618) 594-6620 Sheriff (618) 594-4555
  Emergency Management (EMA) (618) 594-4455 State's Attorney (618) 594-6645
  Enterprise Zone (618) 594-6632 Treasurer (618) 594-6650
  GIS (618) 594-6630 Zoning (618) 594-6655
  Health Department (618) 594-2723    

  Albers Village Hall(618) 248-5154Aviston Village Hall(618) 228-7262
  Bartelso Village Hall(618) 765-2133Beckemeyer Village Hall(618) 227-8331
  Breese City Hall(618) 526-7731Carlyle City Hall(618) 594-2468
  Damiansville Village Hall(618) 248-5111Germantown Village Hall(618) 523-4243
  Hoffman Village Hall(618) 495-2234Keyesport Village Hall(618) 749-5391
  New Baden Village Hall(618) 588-3813 Centralia City Hall (618) 533-7623
  Trenton Village Hall (618) 224-7323 Wamac City Hall (618) 532-1138
  Huey Village Hall