Supervisor of Assessments
Fax: (618) 594-0198
Send a Message
8:00am – 4:30pm
Linda J. Mensing C.I.A.O./I
850 Fairfax Street
Carlyle, IL 62231
To help taxpayers understand the assessment procedures to the best of our ability and to locate, identify and appraise all taxable property in accordance with state law and administrative procedures.
The public is always welcome to visit the Clinton County Chief County Assessment Office weekdays 8:00 a.m. to 4:30 p.m., or call us at (618) 594-6610, in order to take advantage of our services.
Our staff can answer questions regarding the calculation of property record cards and the verification of property ownership. Aerial and ink-line maps are provided to view or to purchase. Applications for all exemptions are available in the office or online, our staff can provide assistance in the filling out of these forms.
The Clinton County Chief Assessment Office staff is both qualified and eager to offer our assistance in the most professional manner.
Property Sales Records
We maintain a property record card on every parcel of land in the county. The property record card will show the characteristics of the property being assessed. An individual may request a copy of their own property record card at no charge. Cost of any other property record card is $2.00. This office is also responsible for transfer of ownership on properties from deeds recorded with the Clinton County Recorder. We maintain sales records from 1979 through the current year. Sales printouts from 1997 through the current year are available for sale at $1.00 per page.
Appeal Forms & Instructions
- Appeal Forms & Instructions
- Non-Farm Assessment Complaint (PTAX-230)
- Farm Property Assessment Complaint (PTAX-227)
- Illinois Property Tax Appeal Board
Conservation & Timberland
- Exemptions Overview
- Senior Citizens Assessment Freeze (PTAX-340)
- Application for Senior Citizen Homestead (PTAX-324)
- Disabled Veterans Homestead Exemption (PTAX-342)
- Disabled Veterans Annual Verification (PTAX-342-R)
- Disabled Persons Homestead Exemption (PTAX-343)
- Disabled Persons Annual Verification (PTAX-343-R)
- Homestead Improvement Exemption (PTAX-323)