Denise Trame
County Treasurer

8:00am - 4:30pm


Fax: 618-594-0123


Denise Trame
PO Box 174
Carlyle, IL 62231

Title Name
Treasurer/Collector Denise Trame
Chief Deputy Collector Irma Kohrmann
Chief Deputy Treasurer Ruth Deering


Clinton County Tax sale will be held December 16, 2015 at 10:30 a.m. in the county board room. The tax sale will be automated this year and will require a $250.00 registration fee which will be returned the day of sale if you attend. The last day to register is December 1, 2015. If you have any questions please contact the Treasurer's Office.

Taxpayer's Update

Please Note: Taxpayers can pay their Real Estate tax bills by mail, at local banks, or at the Treasurer's office.

If paying by mail or at the Treasurer's office, make checks payable to "Clinton County Treasurer."

Address: P.O. Box 174, Carlyle, IL 62231-0174.

If paying by mail; your cancelled check is your receipt.

If you want a receipt, please send a self-addressed stamped envelope along with your payment.

If paying by mail, send check and appropriate stub #1 or #2, in order to receive proper credit for your payment.

If paying at a local bank or at the Treasurer's office, bring check and appropriate stub #1 or #2 along to receive proper credit for your payment.

Please examine bills carefully before paying them.

If this bill is no longer your responsibility, please send it back to our off ice.

If you own your home, and are presently living at this residence, be sure that you are receiving your "OWNER OCCUPIED EXEMPTION."

If you have improved your home you may qualify for an "IMPROVEMENT EXEMPTION".

If your payment is late; Illinois law requires a 1 1/2% per month interest penalty on each installment.

To avoid late penalty charges, your tax bill must be paid before each due date.



TAX BILLS: Denise Trame 618-594-6650

ASSESSMENTS: Linda Mensing 618-594-6610

TAX RATES: Mary Rakers 618-594-6620

ZONING: Joyce Lucas 618-594-6655


Senior Citizen's Update

Dear Seniors:
If you are 65 or will be 65 during the calendar year, there are "SENIOR CITIZENS' PROGRAMS" that are available to you. These programs and contact persons are outlined below, If you have any questions, please call one of the offices below.

Real Estate Tax Deferral Program:

Denise Trame Clinton County Treasurer 618-594-6650


Senior Citizens Assessment Freeze:

Linda Mensing County Supervisor of Assessments 618-594-6610


Homestead Exemption:

Linda Mensing County Supervisor of Assessments 618-594-6610


Circuit Breaker Program:

Lisa Hellmann County Senior Citizens Office 618-594-2321


You may be eligible for the Senior Citizens and Disabled Persons Property Tax Relief and Pharmaceutical Assistance Act Applications are available from the Illinois Department of Revenue.


For more information contact 1-800-624-2459, or 1-800-356-6302

Real Estate and Mobile Home Taxes:

Real Estate Tax Deferral Program
Collectors Books Available -- 1910 Thru Current Year

Animal Control:

Rabies Tag Fee's
$10 for 1 year tag
$25 for 3 year tag

  County Offices:
  County Clerk & Recorder (618) 594-6620 Highway Department (618) 594-2224
  Circuit Clerk (618) 594-6615 County Health Department (618) 594-2723
  County Sheriff(618) 594-4555 Animal Control (618) 594-4483
  County Treasurer (618) 594-6650 Probation Department (618) 594-6635
  Supervisor of Assessments (618) 594-6610 County EMA (618) 594-4455
  State's Attorney (618) 594-6645 GIS Coordinator (618) 594-6630
  Zoning Administrator (618) 594-6655 Public Defender (618) 594-6640
  County Coroner (618) 594-6625 School Superintendent (618) 594-2432
  County Jail (618) 594-4556    

  Albers Village Hall(618) 248-5154Aviston Village Hall(618) 228-7262
  Bartelso Village Hall(618) 765-2133Beckemeyer Village Hall(618) 227-8331
  Breese City Hall(618) 526-7731Carlyle City Hall(618) 594-2468
  Damiansville Village Hall(618) 248-5111Germantown Village Hall(618) 523-4243
  Hoffman Village Hall(618) 495-2234Keyesport Village Hall(618) 749-5391
  New Baden Village Hall(618) 588-3813 Centralia City Hall (618) 533-7623
  Trenton Village Hall (618) 224-7323 Wamac City Hall (618) 532-1138
  Huey Village Hall